Sept. 19 Camp II
Tashi Delek to everyone out there in cyberworld! This is Dave calling in from Camp II. It is about 5:00pm local Nepal time and we have all made it up here to Camp II, safe and sound. The gang did a great job. We are all nestled into our sleeping bags and tents. Kami and Tsering are serving us some great food and everything is good as of now.
There are some high cumulous clouds up above us and around this elevation so we are going to curious what the weather does tomorrow morning. The way it will work now we will basically make Camp II our base if we donít go up to Camp III tomorrow. As soon as we make the move to Camp III we will be sleeping on oxygen up there and then our time will be based on the how long our tanks will last. We can spend some days at Camp II waiting for the weather so the plan is for us to get up in the morning, get a couple weather forecasts, assess how it looks outside and make some decisions whether we are going to move up to Camp III tomorrow and then the summit the following day.
Last night to get out of Camp I, we counted 80 plus tents at Camp I. Tony thinks it was 82 exactly, at least 80 camps at Camp I, it is quite packed. There are a lot of people moving up and down the mountain. I donít know how many tents are at Camp II but it is starting to rival Camp I, it is a very busy mountain this year.
Our crew is doing great and we hope all is well wherever you are. We will be in touch in the morning and let you know what we are doing.
All our best,
Dave and the Team